14 Jun 2013

Waiting here for you

This last week this song has been zooming around my head - we sang it at Church and it was a really powerful time of meeting with God. 

Have a listen - 

Ok apart from the end bit in Spanish hopefully you got most of the lyrics. Essentially saying that God is everything he has said he is and that we will wait for him because we love him. (Hallelujah/Alleluia translates as "praise" - so in the song "singing hallelujah (=praise)"

Singing it on Sunday I was really struck by the fact that I very rarely wait for God. In fact, I rarely wait for anything. I am an impatient person, I don't wait. I'll leave it for another time if I can't do something then. 

Waiting for God, for an encounter with God, is something that I sometimes might intend to put time aside to do...but it never quite happens. I wonder if I have un-diagnosed ADHD...but I reckon I would just use that as an excuse as to why I don't prioritise spending time with my God. 

You see, the thing is, I really want to be like Moses - read this 

He literally spoke face to face with God - his face shone with the glory of the Lord. God let Moses actually SEE his presence (read here) which is totally crazy. Moses was someone who, even though he had done bad things (killed someone), God met with and spoke regularly. 

I want that. 

I want to be willing to give up my time to meet with my God. The fact is a lot of the time I lose perspective. In the short term of course it's probably more fun to watch something, play something, go somewhere, see someone. But I want God to change me, to mold me, to speak with me. 

That's only going to happen if I'm willing to wait for him - to give him time. 

I'm going to go do that now. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the comment on my blog and so glad now that I have found yours! love this post - so with you on the Moses thing. Love Moses - he gets so much from God and yet he's still like 'I want more' - me too!!
    blessings
    redx

    ReplyDelete